Week Fourteen: 21st Century Comics

      For homework, I read Trash Mountain by Kelton Sears, which is an online webcomic.
I think for this comic specifically it benefits to talk about the movement and design. I really liked the small moments that were portrayed that normally would take up two panels or would need to be exaggerated.

The moving background with the "TV Static" could be extremely annoying at times and I felt like it would've done better if it was just white. Let the colors and the moving panels speak for themselves without all the extra on top.

The sounds that were added were super cool! (If we're being honest, it made me jump at first because I was not expecting the noise to come from the comic.)

The realistic textures with vectors were an interesting choice, I think it helped paint a very vivid sense of what was going on. I liked chapter two... Part II... Not sure, but I really liked when the character jumped between panels and it forced you to follow along and made you feel the "intensity" of the comic.

Overall I think this is a huge development for comics and I look forward to what is next.



Comments