Week Thirteen: Superheros Reconsidered

      For homework, I read The Killing Joke by Alan Moore. Which just so happens to be the origin story of the Joker. The story overall pulled at the heartstrings. The Joker was just a NORMAL dude who became a supervillain through things he felt he could not control. I'll be, losing this wife and an unborn baby would drive anyone to madness. Is it an excuse to run around and ruin your whole life over? I think it could be circumstantial and may be opinionated, but no.
He was also forced to help rob the chemical plant which the icing on the cake for sad criminal stories because you aren't a criminal until you commit a crime. (Duh, that's how it works)

Batman does wish to help the Joker, but the Joker rejects his help because he believes he's already too far gone. I do not believe this to be true, I think with the right intentions and moves to make yourself better you can prove other wrong and push past the stereotype of "being too far gone" and come back and be a BETTER you. As long as you grow, or show an effort to grow, you are worth the risk.

However, in superhero stories, The make it seem impossible to have to villain have a change of heart otherwise we wouldn't have good vs. evil.

Comments